I need to confess my sins. This is what I did after writing that last post.
1. Picked up my daughter from school (told nobody, except a text to my husband which he hasn't yet responded to)
2. Read some comforting 'remember it's all subjective etc' messages from KC Critaratti (my SCBWI critique group)
3. Cried on the dog for approximately three and a half minutes (he looked more bemused than sympathetic, I think he was worried the tears might soak through his wiry fur)
4. Felt guilty for my self-absorbed self-indulgence
5. Ate half a box of Lindor chocolates given to me by the neighbour as a thank you for looking after their dog whilst she was in labour.
6. Felt a bit sick and enormously guilty that I'd cried even though I wasn't in labour
7. Told my other daughter by text that no, she couldn't stay at her friends house for tea because I'd got a piece of fish out of the freezer for her.
8. Put the tea on
9. Did an hour of angry cleaning (the hover was particularly satisfying)
10. Ate tea with my daughters even though I wasn't that hungry after all the chocolates
The long list of The Chicken House/Times competition has been announced - (last day of March...what?...I'm just saying!) No matter how much I scan the list and check my junk mail of my email there is no sign of EATS in there. Boo. I'm going away to cry into a bucket now. Here is the link if you want to see who did make it (I'm being a good loser):
I'm going to be talking to the members of the Children's Harpenden Library group, Chatterboxes on 12 May. Should be fun!
This is the image that will be used in the promotional material. I love it so much I am showing it off again on my blog!
Have you heard of this competition? It's a biggie. This year I have entered a book in for the first time. Not Jarred Dreams, but EATS. It was tricky meeting the deadline so the book is probably not as 'finished' as I would've liked, but I thought I'd give it a go.
It says in the T&Cs that they will be announcing the long list in March by posting the names up on their website. Doesn't take a genius to know what website I've been clicking on every day since 1st March. As we go further into the month my clicks have been becoming more frequent, until now it is almost hourly. Crikey. I remember the agony of when Jarred Dreams was in the competition last year, I can't believe I'm putting myself through the same torment. Cross your fingers for me eh? Thanks.
Anyway, since then the same publishing house is doing an open coop, which means that for one day only they're open to unsolicited submissions. I'm thinking, I'm thinking. If anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.chickenhousebooks.com/blog/open-coop-is-back/
That's right folks...you read it here first: Jarred Dreams goes to print THIS WEEK. Should be up for sale in a months time. Watch this space.
What? Come on...play along everyone, it's fun! Click here: www.thestanleydiaries.blogspot.co.uk
Think I have been talked into organising a book launch. It may seem way off but I want to make sure I've got the books. I'll sort out an afternoon do in a pub in Harpenden (so that you can bring the kids) for SATURDAY 14 MAY - Save the date!
The actual cover will look slightly different as the competition info is in the top right hand corner and Dreams is in gold. Also you've got a complete back cover with the blurb, quotes etc. I'm dead chuffed with it.
I've ditched the 'weebly' in my domain name and upgraded my site, because I'm a whizz and can do stuff like that. It should mean I can do all sorts of stuff - like show you all the cover of Jarred Dreams. Let's have a go.
Welcome to my blog, a place where you can keep up to date with what I am up to.